By: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA
A new schedule calls for new mealtimes. As many of us will be taking our meals “to-go”, it’s important to pack healthy take along food rich in protein and other nutrients to keep us satisfied throughout the day.
Here are 5 Tips to get you started!
- Chobani Greek Yogurt contains double the protein of regular or traditional yogurt.
- Protein is important for active lifestyles, helping with muscle development, and contributing a feeling of fullness between meals.
- Probiotics found in yogurt may increase immune system response and reduce the severity of respiratory illnesses – perfect for school aged kids!
- Getting your kids involved in selecting lunches and snacks will help increase consumption! Plan a visit to the grocery store to make healthy choices together.
- Don’t forget to make time for family meals. Regular family meals are linked to the kinds of outcomes that we all want for our children: higher grades and self-esteem, healthier eating habits and less risky behavior.
Almond Butter Banana Yogurt Bowl
- 4 cups Chobani® Plain Greek Yogurt (may substitute your favorite flavor)
- 6 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 sliced bananas
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Scoop 1 cup of yogurt into each of 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 ½ tablespoons almond butter, ½ banana, 1 tablespoon almonds, 1 teaspoon chia seeds, and drizzle with honey.
Tip: Spoon the above yogurt bowl into a mason jar and take it on the road!