What’s one of our favorite ways to celebrate mom on Mother’s Day? Breakfast in bed! This common tradition is designed to show mom just how much you appreciate all that she does while providing her with a hearty and relaxing way to start her big day. While breakfast in bed seems easy enough to prepare, for little hands it can be a challenge! Foodtown is ready to assist with this simple guide on how to make breakfast in bed for your mom. The best part? Everything you need to prepare a successful breakfast in bed can be purchased easily and affordably at your local Foodtown grocery store.
Tips for a Delicious Breakfast in Bed
Whether planning to make your own mom a tasty Mother’s Day breakfast or helping your little one whip up something that you know she’ll love, there are a few elements that make up the perfect breakfast in bed tray. Here are some of our tips:
- Pick some of mom’s favorites—Does mom like sweet or savory? Is she an oatmeal and fruit kind of person or an eggs and bacon lover? Make a list of some of her favorite breakfast foods to get started and prepare a shopping list of all of the ingredients you’ll need.
- Prepare a tray that is “breakfast in bed friendly”. Eating in bed is relaxing, but it can get messy. Prepare a tray for a stress-free meal by laying down a cloth napkin in a fun print and add any utensils that she may need to enjoy her meal.
- Add some flowers. Pick up some fresh florals in mom’s favorite color and add them to a glass of water. This adds a pop of color to your breakfast tray and is just one more way to show mom how much you love her.
- Ask for help! Mom doesn’t want to see you get hurt on Mother’s Day! If using the stove or a knife, be sure to ask an adult or older sibling for help. If the tray is heavy, have them carry it in for you so that you can have your arms free to give mom a big hug.
A Kid-Friendly Breakfast Recipe that Mom will Love
Looking for a simple recipe that is easy for kids to make and mom-approved? A DIY fruit bouquet is a delicious way to show mom you care! Plus, no stove is needed, meaning this is perfect for little hands.
What You’ll Need:
- Assorted Fruits (pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, blueberries, and honeydew work well)
- Long Wooden Skewers
- Different Sized Flower-Shaped Cookie Cutters
- Leafy Greens, such a Kale
- A Colorful Vase
- Have an adult cut ½ inch slices of fruits such as pineapple and any melons. Use flower-shaped cookie cutters to cut fruit flowers.
- Use a melon baller or tablespoon to make balls of fruit, the perfect centerpiece for your flowers.
- Skewer fruit on wooden skewers in fun patterns.
- Place skewers in a vase and fill empty spots with the leafy green.
- Enjoy with mom!
Source: My Fresh Perspective
Celebrate Mother’s Day with Help from Foodtown Grocery Stores
As you prepare a breakfast in bed menu to show mom just how much you love her, take a trip to your local Foodtown to shop for everything you’ll need. With help from this guide on how to make breakfast in bed for mom, you’ll be sure to surprise her with a tasty treat that she’ll remember for years to come!
As you prepare a menu for mom with her favorite recipes, shop everything you’ll need at your local Foodtown grocery store. Be sure to take advantage of our many ways to save, courtesy of our Weekly Circular and digital coupons.