Green Food Ideas for a St. Patrick’s Day Potluck
Whether you’re having a St. Patrick’s Day potluck at work or are planning a weekend-long celebration with family, there’s no denying the charm of green-themed recipes. From fun finger foods to kick off the party to tasty desserts that end the gathering on a sweet note, Foodtown is stocked with everything you need to plan a fun, stress-free potluck dish. Plus, these recipes are simple to make and easy to travel with! Plan a visit to your local Foodtown grocery store to stock up on everything you’ll need for these for these St. Patty’s Day dishes.
St. Patrick’s Day Finger Foods
One-bite appetizers are a must for any gathering and there are fortunately plenty of naturally green ingredients that add a touch of St. Patty’s Day fun. Try one of these easy green-themed recipes:
- Puff Pastry Spinach Cups—This simple recipe, from from Handimania, brings together frozen spinach, gooey cheese, and flaky puff pastry to create a tasty one-bite appetizer.
- Grilled Zucchini Roll-ups with Herbs and Cheese—Add a fresh bite of spring produce to your table setting with this green-inspired appetizer from Little Broken.
- Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus—Every potluck needs a touch of elegance. Fresh asparagus serves as an excellent vehicle for salty prosciutto in this one-step recipe from Café Delites.
Green-Themed Potluck Entrees
When bringing an entrée to a St. Patrick’s potluck, you need recipes that travel well and require little to no prep work before serving. Here are some tasty recipes made with easy-to-find green ingredients:
- Philly Cheesesteak-Stuffed Peppers—Shamrock-shaped, easy to prepare, and travel-friendly, these stuffed peppers from Happy Homemaker are the perfect addition to your party.
- Green Pizza—Make in advance, warm in the oven before serving, and you’re good to go! This pizza from Hello Little Home is loaded with vegetables in different shades of green, making it perfect for any St. Patrick’s Day gathering.
- Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken—Bright and spicy, this green-themed chicken dish from Running to the Kitchen travels easily and pairs with most any type of side dish.
Green Desserts for St. Patty’s Day
Guests will consider themselves so lucky when they see any one of these tempting desserts on the table. From rich and chocolatey to refreshing and fruity, there’s something to please every kind of sweet tooth.
- Key Lime Cheesecake Squares—These cheesecake squares from Genius Kitchen earn their green coloring from sweetly sour key limes. Creamy filling contrasts the crunch of a graham cracker crust—guests will have a hard time saying no to seconds!
- Stained Glass Jello Cubes—The colors of Ireland, green and orange, are on display in this wiggly jiggly dessert from Taste of Home. You can even change the Jello flavors to make this colorful dessert fit well with any holiday.
- Grasshopper Sandwich Cookies—Made from a boxed cake mix, these simple chocolate mint cookies from Julie’s Eats and Treats, are the perfect combination of sweet and refreshing.
Celebrating with Foodtown—That’s Smart!
As St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaches, plan your potluck dish with a little help from Foodtown. In addition to aisles that are stocked with everything you need to make these tasty recipes, shoppers may enjoy ongoing Weekly Circular savings on a variety of products and ingredients. If you’re strapped for time, rely on the Foodtown bakery for freshly baked treats—St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes, cookies, and cakes will be available at many locations.
Locate the Foodtown grocery store nearest you to shop for everything you need to whip up a tasty Irish-inspired potluck dish. Be sure to download our Digital Coupon App to take advantage of ongoing savings with each and every visit.