Avocado might be in the spotlight, but it’s not the only produce topping you can pile on toast. From sweet corn to juicy red tomatoes, these six toast toppers will liven up your apps, starters and snacks.
- Grill sweet corn – Swap out traditional bruschetta for a zesty and colorful pico de gallo featuring grilled sweet corn and jalapeno.
- Roast beets – Switch up basic hummus by swapping chickpeas for creamy white beans and adding sweet roasted beats, tahini, cumin and garlic.
Recipe: Roasted Beet and White Bean Dip
- Pair with broccoli rabe – Top grilled ciabatta with a mixture of broccoli rabe, fresh fennel, creamy ricotta and shaved parmesan for the perfect appetizer. Grill the broccoli and fennel to increase their umami notes and intensify the savory flavor.
- Put peaches front and center – Arrange grilled peach slices on toasted naan with a creamy coconut yogurt sauce layer. Then drizzle with Garam Masala-spiced honey and chopped pistachios.
- Add crunch with cauliflower– Combine a mixture of grilled cauliflower, bell pepper, squash, artichokes and pepperoncini peppers for a crowd-pleasing antipasto bruschetta. Add a smear of hummus to the bread to keep all the delicious toppings in place.
- Transform your tomatoes – Pair tomatoes and roasted bell peppers with paprika, cumin, garlic and red pepper for a richly seasoned spread for toasted pita. Serve with marinated olives for an extra pop of flavor.
McCormick & Company, Inc.